Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Final Post

We did. We made a game in the end.

I'm really pleased with where we ended up. We worked through a lot of different ideas this term: what was New Dad, collage aesthetics, Scarecrow Corn clicker game. But I think the place we settled in was a good place.

Playing through the game during the critique was the first time I had seen it all played out sequentially (during play testing I would switch out the audio clips because it took too long to fix bugs or make changes with 3 minute long clips playing).The randomization of the audio clips worked out much better than I though it would, and I hope that our viewers experienced the little moments of revelation putting together the different stories to the different scenes out of order. Moving forward I'm excited about the prospect of creating even more scenes that will allow for more exploration of the non-linear storying.

If there is one critique I would level to our final product it's that our audio recordings could use some more editing. The 2-3 minute clips were already heavily edited down from longer almost 10 minute clips. But even still, I think we need to consider how long we can reasonably play an audio clip in a scene that might only support 1-2 minutes of interaction. It's something we'll definitely consider moving forward.

The game will definitely be published online eventually, but we have more work+polish into the game before that happens.

It's been a blast!

That's all for the term.

- Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment